1. When I was born in Gardena, California, 53 years ago, my teenage parents were offered $50,000.00 to hand me over to an older couple who were too old to legally adopt. My Aunt talked my Father out of accepting the offer.
2. My ex-husband and I owned and bred Quarter Horses when we lived in South Dakota.
3. I’ve never been drunk, though I do occasionally have a drink with a meal, or a beer on a hot day, and that’s as far as it goes.
4. I’ve never smoked a cigarette– can’t stand the smell.
5. I attended a Catholic Parochial School during 7th & 8th grade.
6. Though I’m not afraid of snakes and I like the animal, I can’t bring myself to touch them or try to pick them up.
7. I’ve battled insomnia most of my life.
8. I hate sea food.
9. I battled crippling shyness when I was young and was extremely introverted, which makes what I do today seem like such a 180 degree turn. Never would have thunk’ it.
10. I’m an old-fashioned bra burning femininst– and I’m old enough to remember the beginning of the femininst movement and the impact of the revelations that came with it.
(photo from my garden)