As I sit here, right now, let’s put a spell together on a whim and a fancy, by the seat of our pants. So often I’ve noticed, especially with people new to witchcraft, that we tend to rely on spells being laid out before us, all black and white, neatly listed, pre-packaged, and ready to go– kind of like fast food. We shouldn’t be afraid to slap together a spell of our own making, our own unique creation. Not only will it ‘feel’ good when you cast it, it will carry so much of your magickal energy and power of intention that it’s bound to cause a tremor through the universe.
1) Intention…Let’s concentrate today on the workplace and the problems that we find there. These ‘problems’ almost always tend to have two arms, two legs, and a great hole in their face called A Mouth.
2) Candle Color…If it’s The Mouth that’s causing problems, let’s go with a yellow candle– for the element of Air and communication. If we just want this ‘problem’ to go away, as in banishing to other-worlds, or in this case other departments, let’s go with my favorite candle color– black.
3) “Dressing” the Candle…We’re going to do several things. First: carve the name of your problem on this candle, and then sit quietly and hold it in your hands for few minutes, visualizing this individual, seeing in your mind what you want to happen, where you want this person to go, how you want the negative energy dispersed.
Put a bit of oil on your fingertips, either a magickal oil made for specific intentions, or a little olive oil from your kitchen cupboard, and smooth this oil over the candle.
Crush up or grind some herbs that are related to the energies that we’re dealing with and the intentions that we’re raising. If you’re using a yellow candle to shut a big mouth, you’ll find that slippery elm and cloves work great for this, and I’ve discovered that dieffenbachia will also stop the flow of word vomit just as effectively. As you grind or crush these herbs, you should chant a little chant and get yourself all worked up over this issue. After all, if you’ve come to the point of casting magick spells to defend yourself against an individual, you’ve got a right to be pissed– so get pissed, and imbue these herbs and this candle with all that emotion and intentions.
Pour the prepared herbs in a nice line the length of your candle or in a pile on the table. Lay your oiled candle on its side, and roll it in the herbs so that they adhere to the candle.
4) Igniting the magick…Okay, you can set this candle up now and light it. And while it’s burning, write down the name of the big fat old problem on a small slip of paper. Set this paper on fire by the flame of your spell candle and drop it in a bowl, allowing it to burn to ash.
While you’re doing this, chant your little chant, get mad, stamp your feet, spit in the bowl, and just throw a good old hissy fit. It will make you feel better, and it will direct the negative energy caused by this individual to come right back at them, full force. It’s kind of like slapping them in the face, but you won’t leave a mark.
5) Cleaning up…Once the candle is burned out, gather up the left-over wax, the ashes, and anything else from the makings of this spell and go bury it somewhere– but not on your own property.
Note: If it’s the black candle you used and banishing was your intention, these would be among my favored herbs for this deed: cloves; banishing powder– if you’ve got it; anything ‘hot’– like cayenne pepper, black pepper; anything stinging– like nettles; anything sharp– like thorns, which you can stick right into the sides of your candle.
It would be nice if we didn’t have to waste our time and energy on this type of person and this kind of magick, but the real world dictates otherwise. We can at least be thankful that there are measures we can take to defend ourselves and to make life bearable.
If you’re the victim of bad workplace behavior, go for it– more power to you! If you are the perpetrator of bad work place behavior…beware.
Hi Amythyst! I want to add that I am thankful to have found your writings. I am dealing with a bad boss and today she did an amazing job of tearing at my soul. Today I decided this was the last straw and that I must do something to protect myself from such toxic energy. A little blurb on her, she is toxic, lacks leadership skills, structure, and is highly condescending. Just reading your post, immediately made me calm. I’m not sure if I should use the black or yellow candle on her, but I’m leaning more towards, black. Thank you for all you do, and thank you for this post. I am so thankful that I found you.
You’re very welcome! …and I’d go with the black candle, too. 🙂 Good luck!
Hi Amythyst! Your craft is so alluring to me and I am quite drawn to you and your work… So much respect and commendations to you from my heart. Now, my question is: will it be ok for me, as a male, to practice? Does it make difference? I know a lot of your work is female energy-based so, I was just curious. Thank you so kindly, in advance! ❤ ❤ ❤
Yes, of couse you can practice the craft. There’s a lot of debate in the modern world on the title for male practioners. But, none the less, everyone has the ability to cast spells.Enjoy the journey.
Thank you, Amythyst! Your guidance is and will always be appreciated. I look forward to learning more and more from you. 👹
You’re very welcome. 🙂
Wow thanks! This is an amazing read!
Currently, I am working for someone who underpays me, gives me way less than the minimum hours required by law for part time, isn’t deducting tax (which is why I am sure they are underpaying me, to get away with tax fraud) doesn’t provide payslips (also a legal requirement for the employer in my country) they don’t believe they are doing anything wrong and all the while the manager talks to me like crap. What color of candle would you suggest to use while casting this spell?
Hello, Minerva ~ personally, I’d use a black candle. Go for it, girl! Your boss sounds like a real loser on so many levels. 😦
Hey! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be ok.
I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new
Ummm…yes! Look in the column to the left, under “The Witch’s Tweets”.
Will meinen eigenen Weblog mit feinem ӏnhalt aufstellen,
ցibt mir mal jemand Ratschlaege?
In English, please. 🙂
This blog is checked daily for spam & receives immediate notifications. All spam will be removed, links that I have not personally approved will be removed– AND SOME COMMENTS WILL BE MODIFIED AND LEFT UP.
(You have been warned.)
When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three emails with the same comment.
Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
Nope, sorry. I don’t have any control over this– could you go back and hit ‘stop notifications’?? or at least ‘uncheck’ the box maybe?
You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work you write.
The sector hopes for even more passionate writers
like you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe.
All the time follow your heart.
Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what
I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to everything.
Do you have any tips for first-time blog writers? I’d certainly appreciate
1. It helps to post a blog schedule (of sorts), of course this doesn’t mean that you can drop life to stick to it 100% of the time, but it gives people an idea of what kinds of things are coming up.
2. Promote your blog through Facebook, Twitter, etc.
3. Link your internet working websites as much as possible: for instance there are numerous links between my blog (Magickal Connections; and my website (The Witch’s Corner); and my Tarot Reading site (Tarot Readings with Amythyst Raine).
4. Post updates, bits of info, clips from past articles, etc. You have to keep yourself out there. It’s an ongoing process.
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I’ve
really enjoyed browsing yur blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your
rss fed and I hope you write again very soon!
I always enjoy your posts, this one especially. It is JUST the reminder that I needed today.