Writing a book is the easy part, believe me. The real grind will begin six to eight weeks before your book’s release date and continue for four to six weeks after your book has been released. New authors may not realize that marketing your book is just as much hard work as writing it was, and that this process is an absolute vital necessity in order to sell your book successfully.
For some of the books I’ve written in the past eleven years, I’ve been fortunate to work with incredible publishing/marketing companies and publicists. If you have a good editor and publicist, embrace them. They run a gauntlet for you. They are priceless.
For other books, I’ve run the independent race and did everything myself. It is daunting, but it’s not impossible… remember that. There are so many tips for marketing your book in order to reach as many readers as possible, and isn’t this why we write? Here’s some teasers to a terrific article full of helpful information and tips.
Source: NY Book Editors
Read the full article
at THIS LINK
- 1. START BY CREATING YOUR BRAND
- 2. CREATE A WEBSITE
- 3. CREATE AN EMAIL LIST
- 4. CHOOSE THE RIGHT AUDIENCE FOR MARKETING
- 5. REACH OUT TO BOOK REVIEWERS
- 6. CHOOSE THE RIGHT BOOK COVER
- 7. OFFER YOUR BOOK FOR FREE ON AMAZON — (host a “Give-a-Way”)
- 8. USE ADS ON AMAZON TO BOOST YOUR SALES
- 9. USE FACEBOOK MARKETING TO BUILD AWARENESS