As I sit here, right now, let’s put a spell together on a whim and a fancy, by the seat of our pants. So often I’ve noticed, especially with people new to witchcraft, that we tend to rely on spells being laid out before us, all black and white, neatly listed, pre-packaged, and ready to go– kind of like fast food. We shouldn’t be afraid to slap together a spell of our own making, our own unique creation. Not only will it ‘feel’ good when you cast it, it will carry so much of your magickal energy and power of intention that it’s bound to cause a tremor through the universe.
1) Intention…Let’s concentrate today on the workplace and the problems that we find there. These ‘problems’ almost always tend to have two arms, two legs, and a great hole in their face called A Mouth.
2) Candle Color…If it’s The Mouth that’s causing problems, let’s go with a yellow candle– for the element of Air and communication. If we just want this ‘problem’ to go away, as in banishing to other-worlds, or in this case other departments, let’s go with my favorite candle color– black.
3) “Dressing” the Candle…We’re going to do several things. First: carve the name of your problem on this candle, and then sit quietly and hold it in your hands for few minutes, visualizing this individual, seeing in your mind what you want to happen, where you want this person to go, how you want the negative energy dispersed.
Put a bit of oil on your fingertips, either a magickal oil made for specific intentions, or a little olive oil from your kitchen cupboard, and smooth this oil over the candle.
Crush up or grind some herbs that are related to the energies that we’re dealing with and the intentions that we’re raising. If you’re using a yellow candle to shut a big mouth, you’ll find that slippery elm and cloves work great for this, and I’ve discovered that dieffenbachia will also stop the flow of word vomit just as effectively. As you grind or crush these herbs, you should chant a little chant and get yourself all worked up over this issue. After all, if you’ve come to the point of casting magick spells to defend yourself against an individual, you’ve got a right to be pissed– so get pissed, and imbue these herbs and this candle with all that emotion and intentions.
Pour the prepared herbs in a nice line the length of your candle or in a pile on the table. Lay your oiled candle on its side, and roll it in the herbs so that they adhere to the candle.
4) Igniting the magick…Okay, you can set this candle up now and light it. And while it’s burning, write down the name of the big fat old problem on a small slip of paper. Set this paper on fire by the flame of your spell candle and drop it in a bowl, allowing it to burn to ash.
While you’re doing this, chant your little chant, get mad, stamp your feet, spit in the bowl, and just throw a good old hissy fit. It will make you feel better, and it will direct the negative energy caused by this individual to come right back at them, full force. It’s kind of like slapping them in the face, but you won’t leave a mark.
5) Cleaning up…Once the candle is burned out, gather up the left-over wax, the ashes, and anything else from the makings of this spell and go bury it somewhere– but not on your own property.
Note: If it’s the black candle you used and banishing was your intention, these would be among my favored herbs for this deed: cloves; banishing powder– if you’ve got it; anything ‘hot’– like cayenne pepper, black pepper; anything stinging– like nettles; anything sharp– like thorns, which you can stick right into the sides of your candle.
It would be nice if we didn’t have to waste our time and energy on this type of person and this kind of magick, but the real world dictates otherwise. We can at least be thankful that there are measures we can take to defend ourselves and to make life bearable.
If you’re the victim of bad workplace behavior, go for it– more power to you! If you are the perpetrator of bad work place behavior…beware.