In this list you’ll notice that instead of giving you a specific list of crystals and stones by name, I’m giving you colors that are associated with these spaces, and you can choose which stones you connect with in this way. I don’t know about you, but I find a lot of people are so overwhelmed with the geology of it all that they lose the magick. I work in a shop that displays and sells a vast amount of crystals and stones every day, and I’ve watched individuals so centered on wanting to get a stone’s name correct, wanting to be sure that they don’t make a mistake, wanting to be assured that every energetic vibration of that particular stone with that particular name is exactly associated with what they’re looking for that the process of choosing a stone seems like a stressful situation for them.
This is all just a bit too analytical for me. And I don’t believe that this is the correct way for any individual to choose a stone or crystal for their personal use.
For example, blue lace agate is known for it’s calming effects, but if you hate this color connecting with this stone is not going to leave you feeling calm. Every time you look at your blue lace agate, which you purchased to help you reduce stress and feel calm, your first thought will be, “I hate this color.” Stones of bright and brilliant colors and sheens are usually not noted for having a calming effect, but what if your favorite color is red, what if you love garnets? What if garnets make you feel happy and peaceful and stress-free? Choose the garnet.
With that said, here are the various areas and spaces you’ll find in most homes along with the colors and energies usually associated with each one. Don’t be bound by these suggestions if other colors connect with you and the energy of a particular area. Find the crystals and stones you feel would enhance these spaces for you.
1. The Bathroom…This room is associated with the element of Water and with the colors blue & black. It is connected with the ultimate basics of life. You can combine crystals with personal cleansing routines, to stimulate your body’s Chi energy and connect with your dreams, goals, hopes, and fears.
2. The Bedroom…This room is associated with the element of Earth and with the colors yellow and pink. It’s energy lays with friends, lovers, the pleasures and pain of social connections, falling in love, and sex. You can use crystals in this room that will help you with sleep, courtship, sexual stamina, romance, partnerships, and friendships.
3. The Kitchen…The Kitchen is associated with the element of Wood and the color green. This is the core of the home, the very heart of the family. Crystals used in this area will strengthen bonds of togetherness as well as bond you to your own ancestry.
4. The Home Office…The home office is associated with the element of Wood and with the colors green and red, as well as brown and reddish purple. You will use crystals in this area to bring you financial success and good luck in business.
6. Hallway & Foyer…The hallway and foyer are associated with the element of Metal and with the color silver, which can range from shades of white to milky grays. Crystals used in this area of your home will foster relationships with people near you, people who will prove to be helpful to you; they will also help you deal with the energy of change and with the disruption of travel.
7. Children’s Rooms…Children’s rooms are also associated with Metal and with the color silver. These rooms represent beginnings and creativity. You will use crystals in these areas to help you in the area of inventiveness and to plan future endeavors.
8. The Study…This room is associated with the element of Earth and with the colors yellow, blue-green, and turquoise. This room represent learning and intellect, as well as introspection. Crystals will be used in this area to inspire you to find your potential, as well as to hunger for and acquire knowledge.
9. The Living/Dining Room…This area of the home is associated with the element of Fire and with the color red. This space deals with self-perception, your reputation, as well as the way others perceive you. Crystals used in this area will be focused on public appearance, your reputation in the world, as well as your responsibilities in the face of community.
I hope this is enough information to get you started on improving the energies in your living space and thus in your life. Our home is filled with rocks, stones, piles of rocks, little rocks, bowls of rocks, and big rocks. Rocks and crystals are usually part of the children’s Yule list– at their request. And it isn’t a real birthday at our house if the guest of honor doesn’t receive a magickal stone.