In the wee hours of Sunday night (or early Monday morning), some of my kids and I will be headed for the Omaha airport where we’re flying out to Arizona. There are connections there now that I feel will grow with the years. I’m going to take advantage of this trip to immerse myself in Sedona for a few days and then go on to the Grand Canyon. I’m such an incurable home-body that this is a step away from my usual existence, ensconced in my old house and the busy rooms, enjoying the woodsy wild back yard, and just being surrounded by and appreciating our multitude of pets (mostly cats, 6 of them black), and all of this in perfect contentment.
But destiny calls.
I’ve been going through checklists of things to do, things to get, things to address, before leaving. The house-sitter is set with a loaded pantry and fridge and an abundance of pet supplies. Financial things are done, and strangely enough most of my monthly household bills have come in and been paid, so that’s one less thing to think about. I have to pack today (Saturday), and I have one more work-as-usual day coming up (Sunday). And then, we’re off!
I’ll be posting regular updates, photos, and video clips both at my Instagram and at my main Facebook page:
I’ve managed to get a few last minute witchy business things done, which were also on my list, including my Samhain Special at The Witch’s Corner: follow this link and scroll down, it’s right there http://amythystraine.blogspot.com
I’ve put together a charming little bag to celebrate Samhain and draw in the spirits, spirits of the season and spirits we wish to communicate with. Samhain is traditionally a time to connect with our ancestors and especially loved ones who have passed.
Honor your ancestors, and honor the spirit of Samhain,
with these magickal items.
The Samhain Special:
a white spirit dollie,
a bottle of Black Cat Oil,
and a black votive candle
*Note: The Black Cat Oil included in this offer
is safe for your skin, so feel free to wear it!
It’s my own recipe, and it
From The Tarot Parlour ~
With Samhain right around the corner, the end of the year coming, so many of us are questioning so many things about our lives. There’s relationships and the changes that come with them, the doubts, the questions, the mystery of it all. Some of us have reached pivotal points where jobs and careers are concerned.
If you’ve ever asked yourself, “Is this it? Is this all there is to my life? Is this where I’m suppose to be?”… you’re more than ready for a reading to find some answers.
Follow this link and scroll down to order
an Audio Reading
Follow This Link to my “other blog” for this personal video.
I have promised for a long time to post a Personal blog post @ my personal blog spot. Today I delivered. The following blog post, “Finding My Purple”, is an EXTREMELY personal experience ~
I added a new video to my Youtube Channel today ~ the topic is “Feet”
This is one of those “other blog” posts that I always flip a coin on to see where I’m going to put it. It applies to everyone, so I’m going to post a link to it. Here’s 10 questions about “Success”. How would you answer them?
1. When I was born in Gardena, California, 53 years ago, my teenage parents were offered $50,000.00 to hand me over to an older couple who were too old to legally adopt. My Aunt talked my Father out of accepting the offer.
2. My ex-husband and I owned and bred Quarter Horses when we lived in South Dakota.
3. I’ve never been drunk, though I do occasionally have a drink with a meal, or a beer on a hot day, and that’s as far as it goes.
4. I’ve never smoked a cigarette– can’t stand the smell.
5. I attended a Catholic Parochial School during 7th & 8th grade.
6. Though I’m not afraid of snakes and I like the animal, I can’t bring myself to touch them or try to pick them up.
7. I’ve battled insomnia most of my life.
8. I hate sea food.
9. I battled crippling shyness when I was young and was extremely introverted, which makes what I do today seem like such a 180 degree turn. Never would have thunk’ it.
10. I’m an old-fashioned bra burning femininst– and I’m old enough to remember the beginning of the femininst movement and the impact of the revelations that came with it.
(photo from my garden)